15 May Scott for Florida Rolls Out New Statewide Ad: “Party Line”
“I believe Bill Nelson is way too partisan, and it’s time for him to come home.”
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Rick Scott for Florida campaign unveiled today a new statewide ad, “Party Line.” The ad features Floridians –some of whom previously supported Bill Nelson – sharing their frustrations of Nelson’s ineffective leadership and failure to stand up against party-line voting. A few examples of Bill Nelson’s party-line voting include:
- Nelson was a rubberstamp for President Obama, voting with him 98 percent of the time; meanwhile, he has opposed the current President nearly 60 percent of the time. (CQ Vote Study, Access 5/15/18); (Senator Nelson, “Tracking Congress In The Age Of Trump,” FiveThirtyEight.com, Accessed 5/15/18)
- During Nelson’s entire Senate career, he has voted in lockstep with Chuck Schumer 91 percent of the time. (CQ Vote Study, Accessed 5/15/18)
- When Hillary Clinton was in the U.S. Senate, Nelson voted with her nearly 89 percent of the time. (CQ Vote Study, Accessed 5/15/18)
- Throughout Elizabeth Warren’s time in the U.S. Senate, Nelson has voted with her 86 percent of the time. (CQ Vote Study, Accessed 5/15/18)
- When Bernie Sanders arrived in the U.S. Senate, Nelson joined his side by voting with him 86 percent of the time. (CQ Vote Study, Accessed 5/15/18)
This is the second ad announced as part of series of major ad buys this week. The first ad, “Presente,” was released Monday.
Watch the ad above and see the full script here:
RICK SCOTT: I’m Rick Scott and I approve this message.
FLORIDIAN 1: Bill Nelson just votes the party line.
FLORIDIAN 2: I don’t think he’s like a real independent voice.
FLORIDIAN 3: He’s thinking more of the party line.
FLORIDIAN 1: That’s what’s wrong with our broken Congress. Everybody is a party line voter and Bill Nelson is one of those.
FLORIDIAN 3: He no longer thinks and acts independently.
FLORIDIAN 4: I think Nancy Pelosi is a huge influence on the Democratic party and Bill Nelson.
FLORIDIAN 2: I voted for Bill Nelson before, but I totally think it’s time for someone new.
FLORIDIAN 5: I believe Bill Nelson is way too partisan, and it’s time for him to come home.
TEXT ON SCREEN: Paid for by Rick Scott for Florida. Approved by Rick Scott.