Lyin’ Joe Biden in His Own Words
Washington, D.C. – Joe Biden had no accomplishments to tout in his State of the Union speech, so he told lies instead. Biden hurled the tired and false attack that Republicans want to get rid of Medicare and Social security. That will never be true no matter how many times Democrats say it. However, what is true is that Joe Biden has a long history of pushing cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and even Veterans benefits.
Biden has been in Washington for so long he must have forgotten. Here’s a reminder:
- In 1984, Biden Proposed Freezing All Federal Spending, Including Medicare and Social Security Benefits, Because “The American People Are Not Stupid”
- In 1975, Biden Proposed Sunsetting All Federal Programs Every Four Years
- In October 1984, Biden Linked an Increase in the Debt Limit to a Freeze on All Federal Spending, Including Medicare and Social Security Benefits
- Biden Cheated on His Medicare Taxes to Fund a Luxury Lifestyle
- In 1985, Biden Suggested Freezing All Federal Spending for Two Years
- In 1995, Biden said, “When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant Veterans benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government.”
Tomorrow, lyin’ Joe Biden is bringing his lies to Florida. That’s why Team Rick Scott will be running an ad reminding Floridians that Joe Biden is a liar and a tax cheat. Floridians aren’t stupid – they see right through Biden’s shameless lies. He should resign.
Statement from Senator Rick Scott: “It’s telling that Joe Biden used his State of the Union speech to lie about my plan. If Biden had a single accomplishment to speak of, he wouldn’t have to lie about me. These lies aren’t going to work in the Sunshine State. I’m excited for the opportunity to remind Floridians that Joe Biden is a liar and tax cheat.”