The Florida Turnaround Story Under Gov. Scott
Under Governor Scott’s leadership, Florida has experienced an incredible economic turnaround. When Governor Scott first took office, Florida was in a free fall. Florida had lost more than 800,000 jobs, the real estate market had collapsed and tourism was on the decline. State debt was growing by about a billion dollars a year and thousands of government regulations were hurting job creation.
Governor Scott has spent the last seven and a half years completely turning around Florida’s economy, and today we are seeing the results of his pro-growth, pro-business solutions.
Under Governor Scott…
- Tax cuts led to more than $10 billion returned to Florida’s taxpayers.
- More than 88,000 new businesses opened in Florida.
- Florida’s unemployment rate is its lowest in over a decade.
- Florida’s tourism industry achieved its highest quarter ever.
- Florida’s GDP growth is outpacing all other large states.
- Florida’s economy surpassed $1 trillion.
“Senator Nelson has proven that the only job he cares about is his own. Under Governor Scott, Florida’s economy has completely turned around. Senator Nelson thinks the only way to create jobs is to grow government and raise taxes. We need proven leaders like Governor Scott in Washington.” – Lauren Schenone, Press Secretary for Scott for Florida